Welcome to the inaugural post of the new Wanna Ride Tahoe Trail Shuttle blog. The purpose of this blog will be to serve as a clearinghouse for all things trail related with a focus on the needs of day hikers, multi-day backpackers and mountain bikers of all skill levels throughout the Tahoe Basin. This blog will cover a wide variety of discussion topics including the following:
- Trail and campground updates regarding current conditions, access, work improvements, parking status, shuttle availability, etc…
- Latest official USFS/TAMBA/TRTA/ NSP Backcountry Mountain Bike Patrol news/announcements.and press releases.
- Local/regional weather and wildfire warnings/notifications.
- Special event/festival and race updates and coverage.
- Gear/equipment reviews/discussions/recommendations.
- Trip reviews and highlights.
- Trail reports, photos and videos.
- Hiking and mountain biking training, nutrition, skill building tips.
- Trail usage and etiquette discussions.
- Current wildlife sightings/warnings .
- COVID-19 and other public health updates and utilization impacts.
- Suggestions of favorite hiking and biking trails from short excursions to epic adventures!
We hope you find this information useful and will contribute to helping everyone getting out and experiencing the mountains in an ethical and environmentally friendly way. Hope to see you out on the trails soon!
Joe Robb, Owner, Wanna Ride Tahoe Trail Shuttle Service